Thursday 2 February 2012

SHOE CRUSH
A good pair of shoes can enhance a whole look so here are some of my favourites.




Metallic shoes are the most popular shoe trend of 2012. Whether you choose an allover shimmery platforms or just a metallic toe, your bound to turn heads. The above shoe is my favourite (and the mint suede version) out of the Miu Miu glitter boot collection. As seen on Anna Dello Russo and Kate Bosworth. This is one to break the bank balance for: the shimmering banana heel with a splash of pastel suede is fitting for the 1920s revival. It'll set you back £555 though.(I knew Natwest were urging me to get a credit card for a reason.)I say splurge. Topshop, ASOS, Steve Madden have replicas. I love a good knockoff but go designer for these ones

Topshop Astrid








Steve Madden


Metallic toes were big at YSL, Thakoon and Louis Vuitton. I really fancy the gold plated loafers at YSL. Im obsessed with smooth gold at the moment.




I'm not a fan of dainty sandal heels. I probably own one and have an excess of Super High Chunky Platforms. My favourites were from Rocha's Spring RTW. But I'm a sucker for the sportier chunkies this season. Most should come with an assistant to help you walk in them, included in the price tag. I predict the Lioness Topshop platform will be sold out soon. They're a glamourous take on 90's sportswear. Even when the sports trend is over they'll go with anything. Louboutin has 70's laceup platforms that are more exotic. I dare you to buy Kurt Geiger's two tone caged platforms-There's a few choices available- metallic or candy coloured. Lush! A colour blocking treat.
Louboutin 
Topshop

Kurt Geiger


SHOE CRUSHES OF 2011
If these shoes were within a pack of lions. I would risk my life for them. They are to die for. Visually Stunning. Worth breaking your neck for. That is all.


CHARLES ANASTASE


 











Can't afford these bad boys? Jessica 'Dany' is my favourite imitation due to its platform shape. Although ASOS Bitten and Jeffrey Campbell Foxy are contenders also. The 'Foxy' has velvet, metallic, suede versions-yummy.

IRIS VAN HERPEN

Solange, Gaga and Kim Kardashian looked amazing in Iris Van Herpen's X United Nude Synesthesia. Though similar to Mcqueen's Armadillo, this ankle bootie's architectural design left me speechless. Shame they were only limited at their flagship stores. Must. Try. Ebay. 



























KERMIT TESORO

Filipino designer, Kermit Tesoro is known for his fashion forward heel-less shoes but his innovative skull platforms are the most wearable.




















No comments:

Post a Comment